How To Turn Off Windows 10 Automatic Update In Windows 10, stop windows 10 automatic update, Prevent Windows 10 downloading update
Here is how you can Turn Off Windows 10 Automatic Update. Read the article to know..
On Windows 10, you no longer have full control over software updates. They’re required, and they download and introduce automatically to ensure that your device stays up to date with the most recent security patches and enhancements. This approach is helpful for some users, however it’s not one that everybody needs. Follow this trick and turn off windows 10 automatic update..
In case you’re running Windows 10 or higher, it’s possible to retake control and keep the OS from downloading and introducing refreshes consequently utilizing the Local Group Policy Editor.
Steps To Follow To Turn Off Windows 10 Automatic Update
To Stop Windows 10 Automatic Update, Follow this method…
1. Press Windows Key + R to open Command.
2. Type the following line into the Run dialog, and press Enter.
3. Now once it open, Browse the following path:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update.
4. On the right side, double-click the Configure Automatic Updates policy.
5. On the left side, check the Enabled option to enable the policy.
6. Under Options, you’ll find a number of ways to configure automatic updates, including :
- “Notify for download and notify for install.”
- “Auto download and notify for install.”
- “Auto download and schedule the install.”
- “Allow local admin to choose setting.”
Note : The best option from all these four is – Notify for download and notify for install. This option will prevent the windows from downloading updates automatically and you’ll get a notification when new updates are available.
7. Now just choose from this option and Click Apply.
That’s it. In this way, you can turn off windows 10 automatic update.
How To Download The Update After Turning Off Windows 10 Automatic Update
When new updates are released, you’ll receive a notification, but updates won’t download and install. To download and install it, do the following :
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Click the Download button.
How To Turn On Windows 10 Automatic Update ?
To disable this later, go back to the Group Policy editor by following the same procedure, double-click the “Configure Automatic Updates” setting, and then change it from “Enabled” to “Not configured.